Genes de los Muertos

I wanted to make some bright orange jeans with a kind of Dios de los Muertos theme, for no reason other than aesthetically the idea appealed to me. I used a pair of jeans I got from the charity shop, which were already a great fit so happily there was no sewing required! In the end, despite a generous pre-dying, they ended up a kind of rusty pattern. However, especially thanks to their pre-fading, I thought the effect worked very nicely, so I went ahead anyway. I think they're pretty cool, so whatever. The sugar skull images are from a royalty free stock site, copied onto iron on patches. Small stock images only cost about a pound if you're not using them in anything commercial, and some of that goes straight to the artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment